Coleman Caucasus 2 Review

Camping magazine very kindly sent me a Coleman Caucasus 2 as a prize and I've finally had a chance to use and review it.

There are some definite things about this tent I like. It comes in a roll down bag, similar to a dry bag, so when you're packing up in a field there is plenty of extra room there for less than acurate folding and rolling.  After it had been dried out and aired at home I had no trouble getting it back down to the original size and shape.

It went up easily and single handed, no complaints there.  The pegs are small and light, but a little hard on the hands for pushing in and pulling out.

Plenty of room inside the porch and sleeping area.  There's no floor in the porch though, so be prepared to share that with all manner of creepy crawlies and check inside your boots before you put them on.  The inside stayed completely bug free and using it for one person meant my kit got to stay bug free inside too.  It would sleep 2 if you don't mind being cosy. 

I did get one rainy evening/night and, having pitched up against the hedge for protection from the wind, I only had the use of one of the doors and plenty of water came in with me every time I used it. I found it helped to shake off excess water before opening the zip.  The bonus from having no floor in the porch meant I treated it as a wet area and was able to take off boots, waterproof coat and trousers keeping the inner tent completely dry.  As I would expect from Coleman the whole tent was water tight and the only rain inside was what I brought in with me.
 
At 3.2kg it would be too heavy for me to carry hiking, but it would be my go to for overnight camping on my own.

Kate

Comments

Popular Posts