It's Time For Coats

It's the first day of the school break and I'm sat in the kitchen with the fan heater on.  It's definitely chilly, definitely autumn and definitely time to dig out the warm coats.

My winter coat for the last 2 years has been functional and warm with a sort of hiking style.  It's been to camp, smells of campfires and is looking well used.  In my attempt to (sort of) capsule my wardrobe it is being labelled camping, hiking, gardening and anything else cold with potential mess.  I've then bought not 1 but 2 new coats for this autumn/winter.

This dark navy one from QVC, under their Centigrade label, I hope will take me from shopping to a drink at the pub or a meal out with a good smart yet casual vibe.  it's not waterproof, but I imagine wearing it on occasion when an umbrella will be at hand. 
Centigrade Zip Front Quilt Jacket with Leatherette Trim

I like the collar detail and that it has no belt.  I've worn it already and it was warm and exactly as I'd hoped it would be.

In preparation for heavy rain and the really cold weather my second choice is this one.
The style is very different for me.  It's light weight with minimal padding, I have plenty of that of my own! The length is down to my knees so I can arrive at work without the thighs of my trousers being wet and the reviews I've seen say it's good for keeping the cold winds out.

I was skeptical about the colour.  Should I choose black on a padded coat to be slimming?  In the end I went for it.  I suspect a long coat doesn't suit my 5' 4" frame but I wanted the extra protection from the elements.  I'm sure the right weather to test it out won't be far away!

Kate

Comments

Popular Posts