Mason Jar Scrapbook Starting Point

I've spotted a few Mason jars on scrapbook supplies and on other peoples blogs, like here at May Flaum's place,  I'm not sure, but I think we call them Kilner jars in the UK?  Whilst I wait impatiently for new stock of the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan line to arrive in my usual American Craft's store and then get delivered to me, I realised I already had a jar stamp.  It's from the Artistic Stamper here and comes complete with 2 jars, one filled with steampunk loveliness and the other empty and ready to be customised.
I took the layout from Shimelle's Scrapbook Starting Point and kept things pretty much as Shimelle had designed them.  Although, as the photo had a lot of empty space at the top that I cut off, I needed a mat for it and ended up using one of the larger doilies from Poppy's Cabin.   I've used Peachy Keen papers and embellishments as my Neapolitan supplies aren't here yet, did I mention that already??  There are additional supplies from Amy Tangerine for the title letters and the grey background sheet which came from a First Editions Bird Song pad.
Here's the jar in close-up.  It's been paper pieced and then had Rock Candy Distress Stickles added to give it some contents.  The lid and clear glass section have been coloured with Distress Inks.  The flower at the bottom is ready made from the Peachy Keen line, but I didn't have anything to match it so I set about making a little cluster of embellishments in the opposite corner to balance it out.
The Making Memories page I had used for the journalling was too long and that gave me a little off-cut to base my corner on.  As usual, the page is incomplete because I don't have the date.  SMO took the picture and all I can do is guess where it fits in the album from the age of the children.  I have bought a small journal to keep little notes and dates in ready for scrapbooking and have stored it in the box with my memorabilia with the intention that I fill it in as I place things in the box.  Hopefully when I next use some of my newer pictures I will have all the information to hand.

** Kate **

Comments

debby4000 said…
Oh this is fabulous Kate saw that starting point on Shimelle's blog, you've done a brilliant job with it.
Maybe I'll some time over the weekend to use it too.
luv
Debby
Lisa-Jane said…
I love what you've done with the starting point! Great idea about keeping notes and ephemera together too.

Popular Posts